Key Points from the GSR meeting on Saturday April 10, 2010
Thanks to all that attended the meeting. We have a lot of work to do. Let’s get the word out.
• * Register: Attention all members that hold commitments at a meeting, district or world level; please go to crystalmeth.org and register your position and what meeting you represent.
• * Get into service: The district is growing and now it’s time for its members to step up and get into service. Currently we have a solid GSR base and we have committee leaders. What we need are members to serve on these committees. The following is a list of upcoming meetings that any member can attend and be of service.
1. Public outreach and information: Join Roger D. and be part of a team spreading the word of CMA throughout the community on Thursday April 22nd at 543 N. Fairfax 6:00 pm.
2. Helpline: Join Chuck C. and take a 4 hour shift answering the helpline. The next meeting is on Monday April 26th
3. Events planning: Join Dale G. on Cinco de Mayo (May 5th). The Los Angeles District has been asked to host the annual conference of the CMA world GSO. We will be putting together a 1 day event with workshops, a banquet, a speaker meeting and possibly a dance. The event is set for June 19th at the El Segundo Hilton. We are also on the planning stages of our first L.A. retreat tentatively set for October.
For the location of meetings 2 & 3, please talk to your GSR’s at the end of your meetings and they will forward your phone number to the committee chairs.
• * All committees are in need of volunteers. Volunteering is a great way to be of service and to give back to your community. If you are interested in any other committees go to cmainla.com and send a message to the chairman of the committee you would like to be a part of join us at the next district meeting.
• Mark O. - The Blog: If you would like to submit your view on a CMA related topic, please go to cmainla.blogspot.com. You can write directly to email@example.com
• * Meetings that need support are:
Monday: Beginners Group 1733 N New Hampshire Ave. Los Angeles.
Tuesday: Spinning into the Solution 7:30 pm @ 2530 Hyperion Ave. in Silver Lake.
Wednesday: Sex and Relationships 8:00 pm @1773 Griffith Park Blvd. Los Angeles.
Thursday: CMA book (Unspun Stories of Hope) reading meeting 8:15 pm @ 1773 Griffith Park Blvd. Los Angeles.
Saturday: Crystal Clear 2:30pm @ Weho D&A Center 626 N. Robertson Blvd.
Saturday: Stayin’ Alive 7:00 pm @ 2530 Hyperion Ave. in Silver Lake.
Saturday: 8:00 pm Crystal Clear Methage @ Unit A 10641 Burbank Blvd. in North Hollywood.
New Meeting Sunday: The Internet: Sobrieties Dirty Little Secret 2:00 pm @1773 Griffith Park Blvd. Los Angeles.
Sunday: Stepping Forward 4:30 pm @ 1403 4th Street Long Beach.
• Marvin M. - Registration/Directory: The spring 2010 directory is available. Fresh copies can be picked up at the monthly district meeting or you can go to CMAINLA.COM to download it.
• Victor D. & Donald L. - H&I: We are looking for speakers to visit recovery houses to share their experiences. Invite your sponsees to join as well. To sign up, please attend the next meeting of H&I on Saturday May 8, 2010, at 1pm at the WEHO D&A Center, 626 N. Robertson Blvd. Weho CA 90069.
Long Beach H&I is coming soon.
• Kurt T. - Chips/Literature: Chips & literature are always available at each GSR meeting. The little burgundy edition of the big book is available for $2.00 apiece. There are seven approved pieces of literature and in addition we will be adding the NYCMA sex in sobriety pamphlet with their kind permission. Directories and newcomer packets are also available. If you need these items you can come to the meeting or alert your GSR’s. If you notice that literature tables at your meetings are low on CMA literature, please talk to your literature person, secretary, or GSR about obtaining these items. The literature is also available as a download PDF at cmainla.com.
The next GSR meeting is on Saturday May 8, 2010 @10am Plummer Park West Hollywood